What's new

Adding Dixmor timers to old Futura boxes

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Basically what the title says. Is it even possible? I have cryptopay units sitting here waiting to be installed. Can I add a dixmor led 6 to these old boxes? I know we need to get new boxes & that’s the plan at some point but if I can slap a timer in these & run them as count up for a while that would be awesome. Here are a few pictures of what I’ve got now.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
You could do it but it would be tight. The LED-6 timer shelf is 43/4" wide from screw hole to screw hole, the LED-6 timer body is 31/2" wide x 2" high, the display is 21/2" 3/4". The biggest problem is going to be enlarging the display hole. It would be easier to buy a new face plate, you’re probably going to have one custom made.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I’ve spent some time working in pre fab in a welding shop so I can enlarge the hole. Beyond that what is required to wire it up? Do I remove the black box that is in there now & the dixmor replaces that?

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve spent some time working in pre fab in a welding shop so I can enlarge the hole. Beyond that what is required to wire it up? Do I remove the black box that is in there now & the dixmor replaces that?
Yes, you's replace the black box with the LED-6 timer.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Ok cool. I’ve got 1 coming to see if it’s possible to fit.

Etowah

traveler17

Reaction score
Etowah Valley makes doors to fit this and made the the display wider etc. nice you can do it yourself, let us know how it looks, I have the same doors and just put the cryptopay on the wall next to it instead of incurring the expense of new doors. I might send you mine spares to retrofit , how much ? 😬

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I think I’m going to do the same. Not a lot of extra expense for less headache. What boxes did you use? Are you running count up or down?

Randy

Reaction score
Ok cool. I’ve got 1 coming to see if it’s possible to fit.
I hope you ordered the shelf to put the timer on. You'll have to put a couple of studs or drill holes for 2 screws to mount the shelf on the back of the door.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I did. Just ordered 1 timer & 1 shelf to be sure it was doable. Like he said I believe just mounting them in a separate box is the easiest solution. That relay is supposed to come in tomorrow finally so I can get that other changer back up. Also the wheel kit came in for the SSA so the guys are supposed to come this week to get it back going. Then I need a retrofit kit for an acw4 so I can run cryptopay on it. Maybe by the end of summer things will be a little more sorted out lol. This has definitely been a process.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I got it installed in 1 bay yesterday. Took a little bit to get it all wired up since I had to pretty much just figure it out. Also my box I did wasn’t deep enough so I had to get some a little larger. I’ve ordered the stuff for 2 more bays. Plan is to have the busiest 3 done first & get people on board, then I’ll do the last 2. Needs a few finishing touches but pretty happy how it turned out.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
That looks good ad should will work.

Keno

Reaction score
Looks like a nice solution. Where did you get that box for the timer and CC reader? I am looking for something like that for a Dixmor 6 and Nayax. Really I just need it for the Nayax - the dixmor should fit in my GinSan meter boxes

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
That’s a BUD industries aluminum box. They have tons of sizes. You just have to cut & drill to what you need.

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks, will check them out.

Randy

Reaction score
The only problem I see is your using a Phillips head screw, you need to use a security screw. Any dickhead with a Phillips screw driver can open up the box.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Yes I’m ahead of you lol. I’ve got some I’m just at the fire department today.

chip@laurel

Manufacturer
Reaction score

There are 6 different versions of these boxes made for Cryptopay, CryptoTap, Nayax and some have timer windows for the LED 6 or 7.
They were called 'side mount' boxes but the bigger ones can be wall mounted since there is a cover plate made for the side holes.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I could have bought one too. They were larger than my meter boxes & were $200. The box I got was around $30. They are aluminum vs stainless however if that is a big deal to you & they require custom fabrication.

Keno

Reaction score

There are 6 different versions of these boxes made for Cryptopay, CryptoTap, Nayax and some have timer windows for the LED 6 or 7.
They were called 'side mount' boxes but the bigger ones can be wall mounted since there is a cover plate made for the side holes.
I had seen these, but was under the impression they were only for the LED7 timers, I guess I misread the description or the description was updated to include the LED6.
I could have bought one too. They were larger than my meter boxes & were $200. The box I got was around $30. They are aluminum vs stainless however if that is a big deal to you & they require custom fabrication.
$30 sounds better than $200 - but I wonder about the long term durability of the aluminum in the Self Serve environment. I don't think anyone should vandal or try to break into the box with CC reader and timer, but nowadays people will do anything for "fun"