What's new

Adding an Air line for my large compressor and charging for it

washregal

Reaction score
Wanted to get some insight s- both ends of my building I am going to install a meter box that ties off my main compressor air and charge by the minute - thinking I will add cc for convenience. What are operators pricing this feature at? - $1.00 for 2 min? Would be 90 - 100 psi air.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Most pricing in the area is still around 50 cents for 4 Minutes. So, I stick with that.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I paid $1.75 in central Ky. recently. It was a lone C-store at an exit on 1-65. I like what Chaz did. He mounted an air hose at a vacuum and installed a toggle switch to select vac or air. He gets whatever price he sets his vac. This way would be very economical, since he piggybacks to things already there, needing only hose, switch, valve, and misc items.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
A dollar on the day I was born is now worth less than a nickel.
A dollar on 9/11 is now worth about 50 cents.
Given the inflation tsumani the government has unleashed in 2020, I wouldnt even consider pricing anything less than a buck. (Unless you are intentionally doing it as a loss leader of course, but I'd question the real benefit of that.)

I dont offer air so I cant answer your question directly, but the local garages & grocery stores here are either free, or 1 dollar. Dont know how much time the give.

MEP001

Reaction score
Most of the air machines here are $1.50 and are more often than not marked out of order.

OurTown

Reaction score
We are at $2 (that is what we charge to just start any function on our combo vac) for 6 minutes and it is an on board compressor. A real air compressor would probably fill tires twice as fast.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We protected our tire inflator hose from freeze ups (in wintertime) which is something the very numerous local freebiieee offerings tend to not do. We mounted a 100 ft of hose on a smooth operating highest end $$$ Cox reel (installed inside leading to outside). We got a great discount on from Zoro. That's where we put the money we saved by doing like Chaz & others have done having the controls tied in with a specific Vacuum & charging the same rate as our Vacuum. Some use the nozzle as a blower... cough...cough ... cough ... blowing all the nooks & crannies in their vehicle's interior. Now there is a situation where wearing a face mask is the better approach!!!

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Wanted to get some insight s- both ends of my building I am going to install a meter box that ties off my main compressor air and charge by the minute - thinking I will add cc for convenience. What are operators pricing this feature at? - $1.00 for 2 min? Would be 90 - 100 psi air.
I charge a buck, but I set it for six minutes. I dispense dollar coins and dollar tokens so it makes it an easy transaction. Don't care what anyone else around me is charging.