What's new

Add or Omit Bill Acceptors with New Combination Vacuums Purchase?

Etowah

Carl

Reaction score
I'm in the market to replace a couple of 16-year-old combo vacs. I'm interested in the ones that have 3 fragrances & both the spot remover and shampooer options. Narrowed down to J.E. Adams or Fragramatics. My question for you is:

Would you add or omit having bill acceptance available at your new combination vacuums? The flip side summary basically is this: In regard to the losers who vandalize, break or destroy parts of your vacuums trying to get monies inside of them...A) HAVING BILL ACCEPTANCE PROBABLY MAKES THE LOSERS THINK THERE'S MORE MONEY INSIDE & hence makes these a bigger "target" for them, but B) having bill acceptance probably will help you make more revenue because people can easily spend more by putting in a $5.00 bill?

Because of past history of break-in attempts to my combo vacs' bill acceptors it makes me not even want to have them but...you need these expensive vacuums to pay for themselves so would you be foolish NOT to have bill acceptance at them? (we do collect the monies daily from these combination vacuums 2 times a day but losers don't know that and always think there's a bank's worth of "mint" inside of them because their brains don't work as well as ours do and common sense is lacking!):cautious:

~ Maybe could you share w/ us the # of total vacuums you have on site and how many of those you have w/ bill acceptance available? Would be interesting to know.

At my site: 2 combo vacs, 6 regular vacs (1 combo vac's bill acceptance destroyed to where you can't even put a new acceptor in...just won't work anymore after wiring it up, the other combo vac still has bill acceptance...6 reg vacs have NO bill acceptance)

Thanks in advance for your shared info!

Carl

Overachiever

Reaction score
I have 6 vacuums. 5 of them accept bills.

I'm not sure why but the the vast majority of my vacuum customers don't use the bill acceptors and instead go break a bill in the change machine.

I wouldn't do bills if you have had experience with your vacuums getting vandalized, put the money toward some credit card readers instead or something, gives you the option to go cashless if people are dicks.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I agree with your thoughts, bill acceptance = ATM machine for vandals/thieves. If you had controlled access to your lot, attendant there during the day, and close a gate keeping people out overnight, then I would go with bill acceptance to capture more spend. If not, then I would consider accepting CC on those combo vacs.

Nowadays with the battery powered cut-off tools, it's just too easy for vandals to get into a meter box. I'm not as fast as them, took me a good half hour the other day to grind a lock off my vacuum. Not sure how the thieves get in and out so quick and not be noticed.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Last 2 combos I bought had bill accepters . (Higher security door and accepter at the time was a $1000 cost from Coleman. So far no break in issues. Nice taking out bills instead of quarters.