What's new

ACW4 Issue

Rudy

Reaction score
We use BOTH paper TokenNotes as well as Brass Tokens.

One of my ACW4's is intermittently giving a $0.25 credit for a $9 brass token (inserted in the Token slot).

What could cause the token credit to give only $0.25 instead of the full token value?

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of coin acceptor do you have on the Token side? If it's doing it intermittently I'd have to lean towards the coin acceptor. It could also be a wiring issue, start with the easiest first.

Rudy

Reaction score
Parker Slugbuster for BOTH the quarter and Token acceptor.

I assume you meant to suspect the Token acceptor and not the coin acceptor.....right?

Randy

Reaction score
Parker Slugbuster for BOTH the quarter and Token acceptor.

I assume you meant to suspect the Token acceptor and not the coin acceptor.....right?
That would be correct, the Token acceptor. They are repairable. Install your spare and send it to Parker.

Rudy

Reaction score
Parker tells me that (with almost 100% certainty)....that it's NOT the Token acceptor. The acceptor is correctly discriminating, and therefore sending a "pulse". The Hamilton controller is certainly "seeing" the pulse, but NOT giving the proper credit.

A call to Hamilton service....tells me, "Clean the connectors". I did INDEED do this, but again suggest that the controller is misapplying the received pulse.

I removed the controller, cleaned everything....and even checked to see if there were any bulging capacitors etc. I noticed that I had upgraded the main CPU to a DS80C310.

One thing of interest.....I noticed that the Smart Socket (memory saver) had the original silicone glue on it. It seems likely that the Smart Socket may be original.

Could that be the cause of my issue?

The unit does not lose it's programming (Prices, Names etc) with a power cycle....so I'm reluctant to think this is a problem.

Memory chips DO sometimes go bad.

Could a bad memory chip cause my issue?

The DS1216C smart socket is around $25, and the LH5164A-10L Memory Chip is about $10.

Thoughts?

Etowah