What's new

ACW Token Dispensing Unit

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of posts here on the forum discussing free vacuums and such. Those of us in the SS/IBA segment are told to dispense a bonus vacuum token from our ACW's that is good for one cycle. Is there a solution available for the older auto cashiers like my ACW-4? I am confident this would be a valuable addition to our facility, but I haven't had any success in finding a solution...

Thanks!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I took a quick look on their website and didn't find anything. I will have to see who my distributor is here in Michigan and contact them. Thanks for the info, does it work pretty well for you? How long has it been in use?

bigleo48

Reaction score
At $1400 each...I'd pass. Seems to me you just need a small hopper and a PLC.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Jim Gosnell told me one time he was going to make something for this. His plan was to use a tube like the old tube style changers. I have no idea if he did though.
I vaguely remember Jim telling me that as well. I will give him a shout tomorrow to see if he ever came up with something.

bigleo48

Reaction score

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks Big. I'm hoping I can come up with something fairly cost effective since its all predicated on me giving stuff away for free. Thanks!

Jerry33

Reaction score
Got the Cube Hopper. Can't get it to work.

I, too, want to dispense tokens to help fight a 60" tunnel. Shopped all around and went with the "cost effective" cube hopper from suzo-happ. Now I cannot get the device to work. I've downloaded half a dozen wiring diagrams, and apparently they speak english differently in the Netherlands ;) that we do. Usually i can follow a wiring diagram but this one trails off into infinity with such phrases as "pins 1 and 2 to low level".

Installing in an American Changer 8001. The device came with an interface cable but i'm not sure if the cable is designed for a specific piece of equipment or equipment in general. There are 9 wires coming from the interface but the diagram indicates (to me) only 4 wires are to be connected, but to what?? see atch file.

Can someone help me?

thanks. jerry

MEP001

Reaction score
What are you using to control the hopper?

Jerry33

Reaction score
I want to use the selector buttons on the ac8001 paystation which is pretty straight forward. when you push the desired wash button, it sends a 24vdc signal to to automatic wash. i want to use the same signal to trigger the cube hopper. the Cube Hopper has its own logic board and turns until a token is dispensed. the Cube Hopper dispensed one token for each impulse it receives.