What's new

ACW refund issues.....

spf8298

Reaction score
I have an ACW 4 that we updgraded with a cryptopay credit card reader recently. We are having issues with the machine giving customers refunds. For instance, I've had sever people tell me they've inserted a $5 bill for a IBA automatic wash and selected their wash, and then the machine refunded them $5 in quarters and still processed their wash. I'm not sure where to look in the programming to correct this issue. Does anyone have any experience with this?

kentadel

Reaction score
I had that same problem but it was a long time back. If I remember I had to go into the autocashier settings and change settings for the new reader. I gave free washes for a day without knowing until loyal customers let me know.

spf8298

Reaction score
it’s weird Kent. When we go down there and try to test it I don’t ever have the problem happen to me.

I had that same problem but it was a long time back. If I remember I had to go into the autocashier settings and change settings for the new reader. I gave free washes for a day without knowing until loyal customers let me know.

spf8298

Reaction score
BTW,

Your wash looks great in central city since you’ve done the façade improvements.

kentadel

Reaction score
Thanks! It's a slow work in progress.
Hopefully someone on here has an answer for you. Is it only on the $5 wash?
There has to be some combination that sets off the refund and allows a wash to trigger.

Randy

Reaction score
Go into programming on the controller and disable the refund button, if you haven't already done so. Also check that you have a value on Token notes and tokens. It could also be your controller going bad. I hate these intermittent problems.

spf8298

Reaction score
Randy,

I looked in the ACW instruction manual and I'm having grief trying to find where to disable the refund button. You got any pointers?

spf8298

Reaction score
I have an ACW 4 that we updgraded with a cryptopay credit card reader recently. We are having issues with the machine giving customers refunds. For instance, I've had sever people tell me they've inserted a $5 bill for a IBA automatic wash and selected their wash, and then the machine refunded them $5 in quarters and still processed their wash. I'm not sure where to look in the programming to correct this issue. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I called hamilton about my issue and they pinpointed a problem. They were very good to work with eventhough I have crypto pay card readers on their equipment. The issue I am seeing is that everytime that someone uses a credit card through my cryptopay, the cryptopay software sends 'two pulses'. One for for the car wash and another for a $5 credit. I'm going to call cryptopay after they open up this morning to find out why credit card sales are generating 'two pulses.'

Anyone else ever had this issue?