What's new

A little update on my wash.

MEP001

Reaction score
Those are really bright. Are you only installing them at one end, or do you plan to put a pair at the entrance of the bays too?

I might have to try one of those for lighting the rear lot at mine.

Reaction score
Those are really bright. Are you only installing them at one end, or do you plan to put a pair at the entrance of the bays too?

I might have to try one of those for lighting the rear lot at mine.
I’m eventually going to put one at the end of the bays as well. I’m just installing them as I get money since I’m still not making any positive return on the wash yet.

OurTown

Reaction score

Can those fixtures accept conduit easily so you can hard wire them? Some ding dong is probably going to get that receptacle wet one day causing it to corrode.

Reaction score
Can those fixtures accept conduit easily so you can hard wire them? Some ding dong is probably going to get that receptacle wet one day causing it to corrode.
Yes they can be modified easily. I installed the receptacle on the back side of the C channel. It will be hard to get it wet but I wanted to see how well the lights held up before I cut the cord and voided any type of warranty.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
They'll corrode over time even if they don't get directly wet. I've seen many vacuums installed with an outlet under the front cover, well away from any direct water spray or rain, and they eventually fail. May take 20 years, but it will.

Reaction score
They'll corrode over time even if they don't get directly wet. I've seen many vacuums installed with an outlet under the front cover, well away from any direct water spray or rain, and they eventually fail. May take 20 years, but it will.
If the lights last longer than the 1 year warranty I will hardwire them. I had to install the receptacle just to utilize them this way.

OurTown

Reaction score

Ours are like this. Maybe some dielectric grease on the plug might help.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ours are like this. Maybe some dielectric grease on the plug might help.
It will help the direct contacts, but I've lifted up vacs that weren't working to find a steel box completely rusted away, the outlet gone, and nothing left but the wires and outlet brass corroded to the end of the cord.

OurTown

Reaction score
It will help the direct contacts, but I've lifted up vacs that weren't working to find a steel box completely rusted away, the outlet gone, and nothing left but the wires and outlet brass corroded to the end of the cord.

What I should have said was that ours are plugged in with a twist lock plug (that's want it looks like) under the cover but there's no box there.

APW

Reaction score
I installed the same lights you recommend and wow. They are so bright they hurt your eyes. Have you had any customers complain about them being to LED.jpg o bright?

rhino

Reaction score
We installed these in our bays about 18 months ago. Don't have any photos of the wash but haven't had any problems.

Reaction score
We installed these in our bays about 18 months ago. Don't have any photos of the wash but haven't had any problems.

How much are they a unit?