What's new

8 Position Rotary Dial Question

mparker1975

Reaction score
On an eight position rotary dial does the motor starter wire go to terminal 21 and have jumper wires to the other high pressure terminals?

Thanks for your help.

RAATCB

Reaction score
No, 11 & 21 (jumper together) brings power to the rotary switch. Place all motor starter functions on the second position (22,23,24,26,26,27,28)

MEP001

Reaction score
Depending on where you got the switch, the 2x layer is most likely make-before-break contacts, and you should hook up the motor outputs there to prevent the motor briefly shutting off when the function is changed. The switches Kleen-Rite sells have the first layer break-before-make, the second make-before-break.

mparker1975

Reaction score
Depending on where you got the switch, the 2x layer is most likely make-before-break contacts, and you should hook up the motor outputs there to prevent the motor briefly shutting off when the function is changed. The switches Kleen-Rite sells have the first layer break-before-make, the second make-before-break.
My next question. If the function wires are place on the second stack and the motor starter wires and power in wire is place on the first stack would that cause the fuse to blow on a Dixmore DX300 timer when the switch is placed in a high pressure function position?

MEP001

Reaction score
No, that's a short in the wire to the motor contactor or its coil has burned out.

mparker1975

Reaction score
No, that's a short in the wire to the motor contactor or its coil has burned out.
I went back to work on this today and made the proper changes to the rotary switch. Of the two high pressure functions I got the rinse to work just fine. When I switch to HP soap the fuse blew. I unhooked the soap solenoid wire from the terminal strip, the fuse did not blow but at the same time the motor starter did not kick on (motor starter is jumped on the second stack on the rotary switch). This is a side job I am working on, and I'm afraid I walked into a mess. Do you have any idea what the problem could be now?

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't have common connected to the switch? The load from the timer goes to both 11 and 21, but it sounds like you have load to one and common to the other and when something that should turn the motor and a solenoid on direct short is created.

mparker1975

Reaction score
You don't have common connected to the switch? The load from the timer goes to both 11 and 21, but it sounds like you have load to one and common to the other and when something that should turn the motor and a solenoid on direct short is created.
I don't have a common on the switch. I put a jumper from 11 and 21. Is that correct? I feel like I have something wrong on the switch but I have the rinse wired the same way.

MEP001

Reaction score
You have the timed load from the Dixmor going to 11 and 21?

It's pretty straightforward, timed load to the inputs (11 and 21) and load out from the others.

MEP001

Reaction score
It is on the 10-position, but the 8-position is 11 and 21. Wiring that wrong wouldn't cause the fuse in the timer to blow.