What's new

PreSoak streaking

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
incorrect.

Stop light to Green light (no undercarriage or dry included) you can do 2 minutes on a Petit all day long (4 passes). Add UC and dry and you can quickly do the math on equipment throughput. You don't need a long bay to get higher CPC.

I know the thread has drifted off topic, but part of the confusion I always have when talking throughput is what counts as "wash time". I normally start my timer from the time I leave the pay station until I exit the dryers. Undercarriage can take up to 30 seconds and my dryers take 60, so that takes 90 seconds on any wash. Obviously the unit in extended bays that can allow a car to enter while another is drying will have higher throughput.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I know the thread has drifted off topic, but part of the confusion I always have when talking throughput is what counts as "wash time". I normally start my timer from the time I leave the pay station until I exit the dryers. Undercarriage can take up to 30 seconds and my dryers take 60, so that takes 90 seconds on any wash. Obviously the unit in extended bays that can allow a car to enter while another is drying will have higher throughput.

Agree. Which is why it is easiest to remove the variables (out of our control) from the equation. Since customers control their own speed through UC and Dryers it is hard to get an accurate wash time. It's a better way to compare machine to machine.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I timed several customers, if they drove through the undercarriage and dryers like they should, my top wash is just over 4 minutes. One lady took over 6 minutes and only dried the hood of her car. the average time between wash starts was 4:15 to 4:30.

washnshine

Reaction score
I know a lot of operators have a dryer timer (not that it always helps) but has anyone seen an undercarriage timer for driving in? I see more people run out of undercarriage time than dryer time.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that if the wash is over too quickly customers will gripe. At my high prices for my IBA the customers already think I'm a greedy SOB. I can't imagine a faster process than my Razor wash going over too well with the customers.

I already had to add a rinse pass back in that I had removed from my second from the top pkg. Customers noticed and complained!

toddmullens

Reaction score
We did a max of 36 cars per hour in 2 bays running a 6 pass top wash and 4 pass middle and bottom wash. This is in short bays with blowers. I am sure we can get a tad bit more per hour but not without sacrificing wash quality or using a stupid amount of chemical. Still learning though so who knows what’s possible, but I am happy with the improvement in throughput. Max cars per hour before installing the Petit’s was 22.